Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nov. 2 - If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be?

Oh, not fair.  It's about a quarter to twelve, and I'm thinking about lunch -- leftover greek chicken from last night -- and about grocery shopping this afternoon.  My whole diet is undergoing renovation, as I've been aroused from the denial surrounding my health; more on that later.

If I knew my next meal would be my last, I would want a rare-ish, thick steak, grilled/smoked by my dad in the ceramic barbecue we had years ago, baked potato and salad, cheesecake for dessert -- no, I take back the cheesecake.  Homemade peach ice cream, even if I had to turn the crank.  Maybe some of his smoked salmon for an appetizer, too.  My best food memories are from long ago.  I could get a decent approximation at a really good steak house, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment